‘ArpON – ARP Management System’
‘ArpON is a network daemon based on the underlying ARP management system offered by the kernel it runs on.
Basically, ArpON uses custom criteria/policies to make secure the ARP protocol, and these criteria/policies are realized through the DARPI and SARPI protocols.
Finally, ArpON works in user space, making it portable on a large number of OSes.
* It manages every aspect of the ARP protocol
* It replaces utilities such as arp, arping, arpscan
* It replaces arpwatch, arpon blocks
* It detects and blocks ARP Poisoning/Spoofing attacks in statically configured networks
* It detects and blocks ARP Poisoning/Spoofing attacks in dynamically configured (DHCP) networks
* It detects and blocks unidirectional and bidirectional attacks
* Easily configurable via command line switches, provided that you have root permissions
* It works in userspace for OS portability reasons
* Tested against Ettercap, Cain & Abel, dsniff’