‘Microsoft Internet Explorer Animation Use-after-free Vulnerability’
‘The information has been provided by Nicolas Joly.
The original article can be found at: http://seclists.org/bugtraq/2010/Dec/158‘
* Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP Service Pack 3
* Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2
* Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
* Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition Service Pack 2
* Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003 SP2 (Itanium)
The vulnerability is caused by a use-after-free vulnerability when handling certain animation behaviours, which could be exploited by remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by tricking a user into visiting a malicious web page.
Apply MS10-090 security updates:
2010-04-29 – Vendor notified
2010-04-29 – Vendor response
2010-12-01 – Status update received
2010-12-14 – Coordinated disclosure’